GOOD DAILY PRACTICES
• If you have the opportunity to do so, schedule an appointment for a pedicure or
with a podiatrist before starting your treatment. Do not hesitate to discuss
this with your oncologist.
• During treatments, it is advisable to file your finger and toenails (not too short) instead
of clipping them to avoid any risk of infection.
• Do not pull off hangnails, cut your cuticles or bite your nails; instead, moisturize
your cuticles with oil or a specially-formulated cream.
• If you are doing housework, it is recommended to wear cotton
gloves underneath plastic gloves.
• To avoid any trauma to your extremities, wear comfortable footwear.
• If you begin feeling tenderness or pain, it is recommended to consult your dermatologist
as soon as possible. He or she will give you good advice.
Avoid:• Any nail-polishes containing formaldehyde, paraben, toluene, rosin,
• False nails,
• Aggressive manicures,
• Detergent products,
• Acetone-based nail-polish remover,
• Prolonged contact with water and sun exposure
IS YOUR TREATMENT
Apply one or two layers of nail-polish containing SILICA / SILICIUM like La Roche-Posay’s SILICIUM nail-polish to strengthen your nails. Reapply as soon as the nail-polish chips, after cleansing the nail with acetone-free nail-polish remover.